If you live around Charlottetown you've probably noticed we're upgrading the outside of our office. We're midway through. All in all things are going very well and we're on track to pretty much finish the exterior this season.
Here is what we've done to date:
- Ripped off three walls of old siding and wall boards
- Sucked out ~200 full garbage bags of cellulose insulation from the wall cavities
- Installed 2 doors, one of them new (a French door going from my office to a soon-to-be deck!)
- Replaced all but one corner post due to rot
- Re-wired ~1/2 of the building
- Had 1/2 pound spray foam put in 3 of 4 walls (a highly recommended contractor)
- Sheathed 3/4 walls with 1/2 in plywood
- Installed 17 windows. ~7 new sills included
- Installed ~12 awesome deck brackets
- Blueskinned (waterproof membrane) all of the corners, windows, and ground level sheathing
- Tyvek'd 3 of 4 walls
So far all has been going to plan (except for the rotten framing....) We will be setting up staging on the front of the building this week. This should set the stage for the final few days of demolition.
We get a lot of people stopping by when we're out working on the building. Feel free to do so. We'd be more than glad to show you what we're up to.