I’m off by a few months but I thought it was worth noting. Spring 2007 marks a decade of being a website creating entrepreneur. Ten years ago, in my senior year of high school, I started metamedia (an embarrassing name) with Steve. It is hard to believe what has happened to the Internet and our little company since.
A few random thoughts/things about the past decade:
- metamedia started on the Internet almost two full years before Google did
- Peter Rukavina was a web design rock star in our eyes….now we have lunch with him at least twice a week
- Our first two work computers were beautiful Acer 200Mhz Pentiums – We shared a dial up network connection through a serial cable
- Our average project billing has increased ~10,000%
- Our company joined with another in 1999 and we became silverorange – we’re 5.5 times larger than in 1997
It has been a wild ride and we have been extremely lucky. It turned out that in 1999 when venture capitalist John Doerr said the “Internet was still underhyped” he was right.
Most importantly we still seem to be having fun.